Fenley has been around and then some. Not only is he a star on the small screen (both appearing on the 8th Season of America’s Got Talent and the 15th Season of the Voice), but he is also a seasoned veteran performer.
Although the country crooner didn’t get very far in his time on Team Blake, his success outside of reality television continues to skyrocket.
He solidifies his place in country music with one of Travis Tritt’s amazing songs and it has become one of his staple performances. In fact, that’s what he auditioned with and captivated both coach Kelly Clarkson and Shelton’s musical hearts!
Watch his amazing audition on The Voice here!
Dave Fenley’s Origin Story
Much like most artists, Fenley is deeply rooted in religion and in music. At a young age, he showed much potential for learning melodies and lyrics, singing with the children’s choir in his Southern Baptist church while his father sang bass in what was called the ‘big choir.’
His musical influences are vast, and once his family moved to Canada, he got exposed to the music of Otis Redding, Ray Charles, and Boyz II Men.
At the age of 15, he began writing his own songs and at 18, he taught himself how to play the songs he loved. Fenley would often play and perform at bars long before he was even legally able to drink alcohol.
He spent the next few decades learning and expanding his craft. Figuring out what type of artist you are is always hard for a budding one, but once he found his love for almost every kind of music, he was sold. Fenley developed a sort-of “genre-free philosophy” for his shows which everybody can connect to.
Fenley has also shared the stage with country music royalties like Miranda Lambert, Dierks Bentley, and Dwight Yoakam. He continues to perform and write and is currently based in Music City.
Dave Fenley, Help Me Hold On, Travis Tritt
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Crystal Gayle Sings About Love And Heartbreak in “Til I Gain Control Again”
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend