Roll your window and turn it up with Cole Swindell’s Chillin’ It. Don’t be afraid to just chill it and have fun. This song was the first single off of his self-titled debut album, which Cole thought was the perfect song to introduce himself to country music fans. Chillin’ It was the balance between a full-out party song and a serious ballad which just perfectly described him.
The song, which was co-penned by Cole Swindell alongside Shane Minor, was independently released in March 2013. Before this, he was more popularly known as a songwriter co-penning cuts for artists like Craig Campbell and Scotty McCreery. His career as a solo musician started when he opened for select dates on Luke Bryan‘s Dirt Road Diaries tour.
Despite the lack of backing of a label and the fact that he was a newcomer in the industry, he had sold over 100,000 copies of the song according to Nielsen SoundScan. Cole largely attributed the success of his debut single to word of mouth and of course, social media promotion.
The fans also played a big role in spreading the word and that was why everything happened so fast. This led him to capture the attention of many top labels and received multiple offers. He signed a record deal with Warner Bros. Records in July 2013. The label assumed the song’s promotion, and in August 2013, Chillin’ It was heard on country radio. And in February 2014, his self-titled album was released.
A month after the release of the album, the song peaked at the Billboard Country chart. After Florida Georgia Line’s Cruise, Swindell was the first artist to debut a single on Hot Country Songs at number one.
Have fun listening to Cole Swindell’s Chillin’ It. Make sure you don’t miss out on this because this is definitely one of the Cole Swindell songs that will make you groove. Watch it in the video below.
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Opposites Do Attract: Dolly Parton and Husband Carl Dean Love Story
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Gilley’s: Let’s Look Back To The Largest Honky Tonk in the World
- What Happened to Patsy Cline’s Children After Her Death in 1963?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?