Charlie Daniels & Friends’ Duets’ Album will feature a cast of the country’s most prominent names in country music and will debut next month exclusively through Walmart.
It has a total of 19 tracks and some of the most well-known artists in country music, including the Del McCoury Band, Gretchen Wilson, Garth Brooks, Brad Paisley, Vince Gill, Travis Tritt, Bonnie Bramlett, Dolly Parton, and more. The idea views Daniels sharing the mic on his greatest singles and even some popular covers.
Charlie Daniels (83 years old), more popular with “The Devil Went Down to Georgia,” has fallen ill with a hemorrhagic stroke and died last July 2020. However, the country music legend still has some unfinished tasks in the music industry.
Charlie liked to bond and enjoyed collaborating with other musicians. The Charlie Daniels & Friends’ Duets’ album highlighted the icon together with Dolly Parton (“Daddy’s Ole Fiddle”), Evangeline (w/ The Del McCoury Band), Jammin’ For Stevie (w/ Brad Paisley, namely. The tribute to Charlie Daniels will be purchased in all Walmart stores and on walmart.com on July 16.
According to David Corlew, president of Blue Hat Records, the process of creating this project was a great moment of retrospection, and it became a huge reminder of how legendary these songs are. And that the cream of the crop collaborated with Charlie in sharing wonderful songs.
Charlie Daniels’ songs continue this August when the Volunteer Jam comes back to Bridgestone Arena. The concert plays Aug. 18 in downtown Nashville, with participating artists like Cedric Burnside, Trace Adkins, Randy Travis, The Marshall Tucker Band, Ricky Skaggs, and more. Tickets are available for purchase now via ticketmaster.com.
Charlie Daniels & Friends – Duets Tracklist
- What’d I Say (w/ Travis Tritt)
- Signed Sealed Delivered I’m Yours (w/ Bonnie Bramlett)
- Jackson (w/ Gretchen Wilson)
- The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down (w/ Vince Gill)
- Maggie’s Farm (w/ Earl, Gary, and Randy Scruggs)
- Daddy’s Old Fiddle (w/ Dolly Parton)
- Like A Rolling Stone (w/ Darius Rucker)
- Evangeline (w/ The Del McCoury Band)
- Let It Be Me (w/ Brenda Lee)
- Long Haired Country Boy (w/ Brooks & Dunn)
- God Save Us All From Religion (w/ Marty Stuart)
- Drinkin’ My Baby Goodbye (w/ Montgomery Gentry)
- Jammin’ For Stevie (w/ Brad Paisley)
- Waco (w/ Garth Brooks singing harmony vocals)
- The South’s Gonna Do It (Again) (w/ Keith Urban on guitar)
- All Night Long (w/ Montgomery Gentry)
- Texas (w/ Ray Benson and Lee Roy Parnell)
- Southern Boy (w/ Travis Tritt)
- Long Haired Country Boy (w/ Hal Ketchum and John Berry)
- Dwight Yoakam and wife Emily Joyce: The Secret Love Story
- Clint Eastwood: The Truth About His 8 Children
- What Happened to Blake Shelton’s First Wife, Kaynette Williams
- Willie Nelson Held Back Tears as His Friends Sang Him “Seven Spanish Angels”
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed
- The Real Story Behind Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert’s Divorce
- The Story Behind Garth Brooks’ Divorce That Cost Him Millions