“An Evening Prayer”
“An Evening Prayer” is a gospel song written by Charles Gabriel and was recorded by Elvis Presley. American record producer, Felton Jarvis produced this song. It was then released in April 1972 as a single from Elvis’ seventeenth album, He Touched Me.
It contains different kinds of gospel music. In addition, this album became certified Gold in March 1992 and Platinum in July 1999 awarded by the Recording Industry Association of America.
About the Song
Forgive a sin I have confessed to Thee
Forgive my secret sins I do
Oh God watch over me and my misery
Dear Lord, help me.
How do you start and end your day?
For me, I start and end my day with a simple prayer. In the morning, I thank God for waking me up and I ask God to guide me throughout the day. Being woken up by God is the best gift we receive each day. It is where God gives us another chance to live. What can we ask from him? Before God brought us into this world, he first created the things we need in order to survive. God showed his love for us by creating air to breathe, family to love, shelter to live in, food to eat, and many more.
In the evening, before I close my eyes, I make sure to pray to God and thank him for being with me throughout the day. Without his guidance, I would not be able to finish my work well. Honestly, no one is exempted when going through some difficulties in life. Sometimes, those circumstances happen at home, work, school, or on the road. My question is how do we still manage our self going through these different kinds of difficulties?
And God answered:
“For I am the Lord your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.” Isaiah 41:13
Watch the video below:
An Evening Prayer, Elvis Presley, He Touched Me
- Remembering the Creepy Death of Johnny Horton 59 Years Ago
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Surviving Racism, Infidelity: Meet Vivian Liberto Cash
- Meet Faith Hill’s Daughters: All Grown Up and Glowed Up
- Paula Nelson Joins her Father for an Amazing Rendition of “Have You Ever Seen the Rain”
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend