With Brantley Gilbert’s “Bottoms Up,” our country-rock singer discovers that soft spot between romantic and rowdy with his single. If one will interpret the single, it’s a mid-tempo song with country rock influences, though “laidback” best describes the vibe the singer was aiming for.
The song was composed by the singer himself, together with Brett James and Justin Weaver. The track has the singer approach his lover, invites, and tells her, “Tonight, it bottoms up. Whereas the video matches the story of moonshine and mobster. With this new song, he has exhibited maturity both as a composer and singer.
It is not typical country music. The title alone is an unusual choice for a country song since it’s been used by most in the Hip-hop genre, particularly the lyrics when you try to determine whether Brantley Gilbert is exclaiming about enjoying a drink or other things soundly. It highlights the expression, “what’s up?” several times and avoids any unnecessary “Yeah-yeah and Uh-Uh” hums.
The singer earns his highest debut on three Billboard song charts and announces his first No. 1 and best sales week on Country Digital Songs. By April 2014, “Bottoms Up” By Brantley Gilbert achieved a million in sales in the U.S., and among Brantley Gilbert’s songs, it became his first million-selling song ever. After premiering at #1 on the iTunes Country Top Songs chart, the song has spent weeks on the Top5. It also remained #1 on the Hot Country Songs chart for two weeks and nine weeks on the #1 spot on Country Streaming Songs. The song was certified 5x Platinum by RIAA in June 2020.
Get your cup, and celebrate while listening to Brantley Gilbert’s “Bottoms Up” on the video below.
- Alan Jackson’s Daughters: Who are they and Where are they now?
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Clint Eastwood: The Truth About His 8 Children
- Let’s Revisit Conway Twitty’s Last Performance of “The Rose”
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012