The Older I Get, I realize that friends are important in our lives. Studies show that satisfying, fulfilling friendships play a major role in our physical and emotional well-being.
As we age, we notice that we have fewer friends than we had when we were younger. It just happens for a variety of reasons.
We listed three honest reasons why our number of friends decline as we age.
1. We got rid of toxic relationships.
As we get older, we tend to veer away from the dramas in life including staying away from toxic people and relationships as we came into age.
At one point in our lives, we choose those people we wanted to keep and let go of those who are better off with others.
2. We meet new friends who share our vision.
As we continue our journey in life, we meet people who share the same interest or those who lead us to reach our goals. We find ourselves spending more time with these people who make us more productive.
3. We needed a balanced life.
Adulthood responsibilities keep increasing and we need to balance work, life, family, friends and ourselves. This means we have to lose some to make time for the others.
“The Older I Get”
The reflective ballad is filled with revelations and realizations that can only come from a well-lived life and the words and melody create an instant image of Jackson’s own place in life and country music.
He said on a press release that it is a reflection o what the country singer feels these days. The message of the song was different when he first heard it so he gave it a more positive note.
The song was written by Adam Wright, Hailey Whitters and Sarah Allison Turner.
Check out the video here:
Alan Jackson, friends, The Older I Get
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- 10 Facts About Austin Brown of Home Free
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Flashback To Dolly Parton’s Moving Duet With Young Actress Alyvia Lind, Her Mini-Me
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?