Social media is a powerful tool that everybody utilizes for their own reasons. The stars, including music icon Taylor Swift, have used it for a plethora of reasons.
These platforms are where she shares the different facets of her life and career: from her cats to album teasers. Clearly, Swift is well aware of the power social media has.
The Downsides, According to Taylor Swift
But despite the many good points of social media, Swift admits that she doesn’t always like it. In a new interview with Entertainment Weekly, she breaks down her opinions on the platforms.
“Our priorities can get messed up existing in a society that puts a currency on curating the way people see your life. Social media has given people a way to express their art. I use it to connect with fans. But on the downside, you feel like there are 3 trillion new invisible hoops that you have to jump through, and you feel like you’ll never be able to jump through them all correctly.”
Swift goes on to say that she realizes that she’s just part of the percentage of people who are trying to find a happy medium when it comes to social media.
“I, along with a lot of my friends and fans, am trying to figure out how to navigate living my life and not just curating what I want people to think living my life is. “I, along with a lot of my friends and fans, am trying to figure out how to navigate living my life and not just curating what I want people to think living my life is.”
She goes on and says that learning in the spotlight is “humiliating sometimes,” contrary to popular belief.
“Do I feel more balanced in my life than I ever have before? Um, probably yeah. But is that permanent? No. And I think being okay with that has put me in a bit of a better position.”
ME!, Social Media, taylor swift
- When Randy Travis Paid Highest Tribute to George Jones
- Josh Turner Honors Randy Travis with Forever and Ever, Amen Cover
- 49 Years Ago, Linda Ronstadt Unleashed The Eagles
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Five Husbands Later, Lorrie Morgan Finally Found The Love Of Her Life
- Meet Summer Duncan, Jon Pardi’s Girlfriend and Bride To Be