Shania Twain’s AMA 2019 performance proves she’s still the one!
The leader of the ’90s country-pop crossover stars took the center stage of American Music Awards once again – after sixteen years – to deliver a hit-fueled medley performance.
Fellow country superstar Kelsea Ballerini introduced the five-time American Music Award winner prior to calling her “my queen Shania Twain.”
Shania Twain then kicked off her performance where she can be seen seated under a single spotlight on a darkened stage – with a microphone and a sparkling pink guitar in her hand. She started with an acoustic version of popular hits such as Twenty One Pilots’ “Stressed Out,” Taylor Swift’s “Shake It Off,” and Drake’s “God’s Plan.”
Later on, the country hitmaker started shifting into her heartfelt, classic country vibe and delivered a slowed-down rendition of the Grammy Award-winning song “You’re Still the One” – one of Shania Twain songs that helped her become the massive crossover star we know today.
But as soon as the lights turned up, Twain took off her guitar and rose to conquer the stage. She’s all of a sudden backed by a group of cowboys wearing a leopard-printed vest. The country singer strutted around the stage as the men swung, circled, kicked, and line-danced around her.
Twain then took the whole crowd – this includes renowned audience members such as Taylor Swift, Post Malone, and Patrick Starrr – to their feet as she began belting “That Don’t Impress Me Much” and ended the program with the final dance number: “Man! I Feel Like a Woman.”
Indeed, Shania Twain gave out an epic performance – and we’re not the only ones who think so. Fans have also gone wild on social media as they share their joy at Twain’s comeback.
We’re definitely hoping to see more of the country music legend in the future. In the meantime, you can watch Shania Twain’s AMA 2019 performance in the video below.
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Opposites Do Attract: Dolly Parton and Husband Carl Dean Love Story
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Gilley’s: Let’s Look Back To The Largest Honky Tonk in the World
- What Happened to Patsy Cline’s Children After Her Death in 1963?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?