When you love someone you want to spend all your time with them. You can’t get enough of them that even though you are miles apart, you’ll do everything just to be with them. Calling the person or looking at their picture is not enough, you want to be with them in person because you can hold them in your arms.
“See You Tonight” Chart Performance
“See You Tonight” was Scotty McCreery’s first track on his second same-titled album in 2013. Scotty McCreery, Ashley Gorley, and Zach Crowell wrote the song that made McCreery receive a Platinum-certified song from RIAA. His song peaked at No. 10 on the US Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. In addition, the song also entered the Billboard Country Airplay at No. 8 and remained on the chart for 48 weeks. See You Tonight album peaked at No. 1 on the US Billboard Top Country Albums chart and No. 6 on the Billboard 200 chart.
About the Song
The song is about a man who lives far away from his girlfriend so, he misses her. He can’t see her all the time, touch her, nor show her how much he loves her. That is why the narrator could not take it anymore and so he went to see his girlfriend.
Before Scotty married his long-time girlfriend, he and Gabi also experienced what the narrator of the song does. They have been working out their relationship even though they were far from each other and they are busy with their lives. Scotty travels to spend time with Gabi, and in return, Gabi does the same too. In the end, it was worth it because they are finally married.
The Music Video
The music video of the song made the song more powerful and meaningful. They made it into a story of a man who served in the military for a long time and is finally coming home to see the love of his life.
Scotty McCreery, see you tonight
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?