A beautiful collaboration of Reba McEntire and LeAnn Rimes was released in 2007. Their song “When You Love Someone Like That” deals with the reality of heartbreak. The narrator felt like she wasted her time, and she blames herself for why he left her.
Think it was me it must have been me/I guess I did something wrong/I tried too hard/Wanted too much/I guess that’s why it’s gone
However, someone tells her that it wasn’t her fault, and maybe he would do the same when he is with somebody else.
He’ll do the same to someone else it ain’t about you/So don’t be so hard on yourself
When we don’t know the reason why someone leaves us, we felt like it’s our fault. We blame ourselves, and we even hurt ourselves because of what happened. However, we have to realize that when a person leaves us it’s not about you but the other way around.
“When You Love Someone Like That” Collaboration
Reba and LeAnn’s collaboration was amazing. LeAnn began singing until the chorus, and she was followed by Reba. The single was part of LeAnn’s ninth studio album Family and Reba’s twenty-fourth album Reba Duets. It was written by Ed Hill and Karyn Rochelle. In LeAnn’s album, “When You Love Someone Like That” was added as a bonus track together with her single “Till We Ain’t Strangers Anymore,” a duet with Bon Jovi.
LeAnn Rimes’ Album
Reba McEntire’s Album
Reba Duets album topped three charts in the US (Billboard 200, Digital Album, and Top Country Albums Chart). Furthermore, it secured a spot on the Australian, Canadian, UK, and Japan charts. Three songs from the album were released as a single (“Because of You,” “The Only Promise That Remains,” and “Every Other Weekend”).
Check out this incredible duet of LeAnn Rimes and Reba McEntire.
LeAnn Rimes, Reba McEntire, When You Love Someone Like That
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Willie Nelson and His Son Put A Country Twist to Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance