Reba McEntire surely knows how to make someone’s hit song her own. Her cover of Beyoncé’s single “If I Were s Boy” really showed another facet of the singer’s voice as this was not her genre at all.
Even in today’s music scene, country and pop have always been closely linked especially with the rise of country-pop singers. Reba showed in her version that you can sing a pop song while sticking to your country roots.
Reba McEntire Slays Like Beyoncé
Queen Beyoncé’s version has a little bit of an upbeat tune while Reba’s cover is more on the mellow side. The country singer even had an official music video for her cover. This just shows her passion with her music.
Reba was already 56 years old when she did the song but she still looked gorgeous doing it. She is seen in the video wearing a long fabulous green dress and she was exuding elegance all throughout the song. She is in a huge mansion feeling her independent woman realness.
The singer was also trying to evoke the emotions needed in the song. This was definitely a refreshing take on the song and only Reba could do it the country way.
About the Song
The song teaches all men how to treat their women right. Oftentimes, it takes a woman’s perspective on how someone should be treated well.
Women were known as more emotionally expressive than men. This should not always be the case and that is what the song is trying to convey. Reba McEntire sure knows how to do that as seen in her performance.
When a song is that emotional, it should be performed with genuine emotions too. Both artists are able to do that since they probably can relate to it at some point of their lives.
Listen to Reba McEntire’s version here:
Beyonce, if i were a boy, Reba McEntire
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Crystal Gayle Sings About Love And Heartbreak in “Til I Gain Control Again”
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?