The World Music Awards in 1994 is where Patrick Swayze and his wife had their first dance together. The couple attended the awards to honor the multiple award-winner Whitney Houston. Although the performance was just a little over 20 years ago, it never fails to amaze us. It shows how graceful the couple when it comes to the dance floor. They delivered a performance that sends a message saying that they know what dancing really is. During the dance, they showed skills and of course, passion.
Swayze and his wife, Lisa Niemi, met at a dance studio when her mother was taking a dance class from Swayze’s mother. They have been married since June 12, 1975. He was 18 and Neimi was only 14 when Swayze proposed to her. The couple was together until the day of Swayze’s passing on September 14, 2009. They were together for 34 years before he lost from a hard-fought battle with pancreatic cancer. With this kind of performances, the legacy of the late actor lives.
Patrick Swayze is an accomplished dancer. In 1972, he moved to New York City to complete his formal dance training at the Harkness Ballet and Joffrey Ballet schools. He is also an award-winning actor. He starred in films from a range of genres, including drama, war films, and post-war apocalyptic films. Other than being an actor and a dancer, he is also an incredible singer. From the movie “Dirty Dancing,” he sang the power ballad “She’s Like the wind.” The song became a No. 1 hit on the adult contemporary charts. In an interview, he said that Niemi served as an inspiration for “She’s Like the Wind.”
This video will definitely give you goose bumps. You will witness their passion and emotion while watching this. From this performance, it’s obvious that their love was undeniable.[like_button]
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Top 100 Country Songs Chart 2021
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Brandi Carlile and wife Catherine Shepherd’s Sweet Love Story
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage