The 19th season of ABC’s singing competition television series, American Idol, continues with host Ryan Seacrest presenting the ‘Top 12 Live Reveal.’ However, while judges Lionel Richie and Katy Perry were in front putting into words the competition’s state, Luke Bryan was not in attendance.
Unfortunately, the country superstar announced on Monday that he tested positive for the new coronavirus or COVID-19, and he would apparently be missing the season’s first live show. But on the brighter side, Luke Bryan is doing just fine and is looking “forward to being back at it soon.”
I’m sad to say I won’t be a part of tonight’s first live @AmericanIdol show. I tested positive for COVID but I’m doing well and look forward to being back at it soon.— Luke Bryan (@LukeBryanOnline) April 12, 2021
Since the news broke, fans began sending the country singer kind wishes, get-well messages, and encouragement. On American Idol’s Instagram page, ABC has also wished Bryan a speedy recovery, adding that the singer is “resting now in quarantine at home.”
At the same time, ABC was excited to announce this season’s guest judge – and it’s none other than Paula Abdul.
Paula Abdul – the talent show’s original judge when it first aired on Fox up to its tenth season – stepped in as Bryan’s temporary replacement. She joined Lionel Richie and Katy Perry on the panel as the top contestants were reduced to just 12 during the Monday night’s episode. This marks Abdul’s first time returning to the show as a judge since its move to ABC.
As of now, it is still in doubt when Luke Bryan will come back to the American Idol panel, but we’ll make sure to keep you updated as soon as we hear anything. For the time being, we hope the country superstar keeps getting better.
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Top 100 Country Songs Chart 2021
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Brandi Carlile and wife Catherine Shepherd’s Sweet Love Story
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage