Grammy-winning country music artist Kelly Clarkson has been ordered to pay nearly $200,000 monthly in spousal and child support to ex-husband and former manager Brandon Blackstock amid their ongoing divorce settlement. According to reports, the order already took effect last April 1, 2021 but was just recently handed down by a Los Angeles County judge for formalization.
Brandon Blackstock, 43, will receive $150,000 monthly with an additional $45,601 for child support for their two kids – River Rose, 7, and Remington Alexander, 5 – or roughly $2.4 million per year. That is half of what he reportedly initially requested, which was $436,000 per month in support ($301,000 in spousal support and $135,000 in child support). The order also requires Kelly Clarkson to pay $1.25 million to cover all the legal fees of his estranged husband.
The “Since U Been Gone” singer filed for divorce last June 2020 after nearly seven years of marriage. And in November, she was granted primary physical custody of their children. According to a source, Kelly was pleased with the court’s ruling as her first priority has always been to take care of her kids and protect them through this hard time. The kids are currently living on the family’s Montana ranch while Clarkson is in Los Angeles for her daytime talk show.
And earlier this month, Clarkson appealed to get her divorce officially signed off while leaving all other arrangements for a later date. The singer reasoned in a court declaration that they ‘both deserve the opportunity to build a new life.’
Kelly Clarkson is represented by Family Law Attorney Laura Wasser, who has 20 years of experience in high-profile and high-net-worth divorce cases. She also recently launched an online divorce platform which allows couples to streamline their divorce and negotiate marital settlements.
Brandon Blackstock, Kelly Clarkson
- Sons of Willie Nelson Joined Him For An Incredible Rendition of “Move it on Over”
- Rip Wheeler and Beth Dutton Complete Relationship Timeline
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?
- Tim McGraw & Faith Hill’s Daughter Audrey Shows Off Snippet From Recent Photoshoot
- Get To Know Kelly Reilly, The Actress Behind Yellowstone’s Fearless Beth Dutton
- Trigger, Willie Nelson’s Guitar Is Just As Legendary As He Is