Jill Wagner has definitely grown into a greatly recognizable actress and television personality. With her different types of work, combined with a quickly expanding fan base, Wagner has shown appeal to a wide range of audiences who can effortlessly relate to her friendly wit and down-to-earth character.
Let’s get to know more about the multi-talented actress below.
- Jill Wagner or Jill Suzanne Wagner was born on January 13, 1979, in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. That makes her 42 years old today.
2. Sadly, Jill lost her mother shortly after she was born. She was mainly raised by her grandmother and her father, who used to work in the U.S. Marine and is now an owner of a local tire shop.
3. She graduated Cum Laude from North Carolina State University with a bachelor’s degree in business management.
4. She first started as a model after training at the renowned Barbizon Modeling and Acting School during her teens. Her modeling pursuits landed her up in magazines like Stuff and FHM. She also became famous as “The Mercury Girl” after being featured on Ford’s TV commercials as the brand’s spokesmodel.
5. Her first entry to the small screen was when she was included as a cast member on the MTV series Punk’d in 2003.
Growing up, Jill never had any background for acting. She even always thought that “being an actor was a silly dream and not a realistic career.” However, when she finally decided to move to Los Angeles after graduating college, she made friends with an agent who suggested she audition for Punk’d. And that changes everything for Jill. “I got bit by the acting bug, and I haven’t looked back since,” she said.
6. She decided to do a movie for Hallmark Channel because her grandmother loved the network. Jill said that Hallmark embodies all her grandmother loves in movies, and she continues making them with that thought in mind.
7. She’s also a host! Though only a few were able to switch from being an actress to being a host successfully, Wagner has broken down such hurdles with her natural ability to do both.
In 2015, Wagner was enlisted to host the original series Handcrafted America on the digital cable, INSP. She traveled the country for the TV series, searching for talented artists and crafts workers who are dedicated to making functional and contemporary products the traditional way – using their own two hands. The North Carolina native’s passion and unique way of getting into the bottom of the story and the heart of characters behind some of America’s most skilled workers is a massive reason for the series’ success.
But hosting is nothing new to Jill! In 2008, Jill was announced as the on-field host for ABC’s hit reality series “Wipeout,” where she interviewed and cheered contestants racing on the world’s most extensive obstacle course. However, she left the show after four seasons as she wanted to concentrate more on her acting career. She came back on the sixth season as a co-host, a role she continued through the remaining episodes of the series.
8. Jason Momoa – an American actor known for his roles in Game of Thrones and Aquaman – was her first acting partner in class. They have become good friends since then.
9. In 2004, she ranked No. 90 on Maxim magazine’s Hot 100 Women.
10. She’s also a producer. She’s actually one of the executive producers – along with Yellowstone creator Taylor Sheridan – for the upcoming thriller TV Series, Lioness. Jill said that there are plenty of inspiring and exciting stories she wants to bring to the screen.
11. On April 8, 2017, Jill married David Lemanowicz in Rose Hill Plantation, North Carolina. Jill Wagner’s husband is a former pro hockey player.
12. She’s soon going to be a mother of two. It is recently revealed that Jill Wagner is expecting her second child. She gave birth to her first child – daughter Army Gray – in April 2020 and also has an 11-year-old stepdaughter with whom she has fallen in love.
Today, Jill Wagner and her family are living the dream country life on a farm in a tiny town in east Tennessee. Indeed, she’s Southern through and through.
- Jenny Gill is Hoping to Pave Her Own Musical Path – Meet Her Today
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Here Are Some Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Randy Travis
- Top 100 Country Songs Chart 2021
- One Good Deed: Country Music Star Left $1,000 Tip to Waitress Working Double with Daughter
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- Yoakam Joins Stapleton on Stage for “Seven Spanish Angels”