This was part of his 2nd album which also served as his final one. Grievous Angel was critically acclaimed by his peers and by the country music community, but it failed to find commercial success.
Gram Parsons and Emmylou Harris
Emmylou Harris and Gram Parsons is the collaboration we never thought we needed. This was their only collaboration from the album, but the two has been working for a while now. They performed “Love Hurts” that was originally sung by the rock band, the Everly Brothers.
The recording of the album was clouded with controversy as Gram was battling with alcohol and drug use. Sometimes during their rehearsal, the singer would show up a mess and intoxicated. Until now, there is no direct correlation to being more artistic when you are high or drunk but the album was well-loved by its critics.
One of the reviews claimed:
“Both GP and Grievous Angel need no analysis. There are no words to describe the sense of desperation and the haunting quality of these last works. They just need to be listened to.”
Asking for Guidance
The song’s intent is to seek the Lord when we are having troubles. “In My Hour of Darkness” reminds us that we have the Lord to seek guidance when we lose our path. Praying works for those who believe. If it puts a doubt on your mind, listen to the experiences of other people. There are countless miraculous stories of people suddenly being healed because he asked for the Lord’s help.
There a lot of mysteries happening in our life and whether it is the work of the Lord or not, it is important to know that someone is looking out for us. This gives us the assurance that we are on the right path.
Listen to Gram Parsons’s track here:
For your daily dose of country music stories, check our official Facebook page.
Emmylou Harris, Gram Parsons, grievous angels, in my hour of darkness
- Willie Nelson and His Son Put A Country Twist to Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Patsy Cline and Willie Nelson’s Duet of “Just A Closer Walk with Thee”
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait