The First Song Since 2015
The current king of country music, George Strait just dropped his new single “Código”. The new single was co-written by the king himself with his son, Bubba Strait and songwriter, Dean Dillon. The song is all about his favorite tequila brand. Whether it’s swirled into a margarita or just plain straight up, it’s nothing new to a country song.
A song about a liquor, again, is not new in the music industry. However, what’s new about George Strait’s new song is that he doesn’t just pay tribute to tequila itself, its an ode to his brand of liquor, Código 1530.
“Código” is the spearhead of the upcoming song for George Strait’s new album, “Honky Tonk Time Machine.” According to the Rolling Stone, the living legend of country music announced the big news last Friday (December 7) on the Strait to Vegas Show. The new album is expected to be released sometime in 2019.
Código is made in Jalisco, Mexico (That’s what the song said). The tequila, Código was used to be available only for the friends and family of the tequila makers. According to a 2016 interview with the King of Country Music, George Strait liked the drink so much he wondered where he could buy it. Someone told him that it had been made by a small group of Mexican families for years, and was only made available for family and friends of the family. When they decided to distribute it out, Strait was on board.
You will definitely like the new lively song by the king of country music. Listen to the new single below.
Código, George Strait, Tequila
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Remembering the Creepy Death of Johnny Horton 59 Years Ago
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- Surviving Racism, Infidelity: Meet Vivian Liberto Cash
- Sandy Mahl And The Top 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Her
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend