Are you ready to laugh with these funny country songs?
It’s pretty amazing how country music could give you all these feelings in the world! Like how listening to sad country songs will surely make you cry a river, while patriotic ones can make your heart swell with American pride.
Suffering from a bad breakup? Well, there is definitely a perfect country song for that – some may make you feel empowered, while some may help you savor the pain.
While the genre can take you on a full rollercoaster ride of emotions, there are also those tracks that are full of fun and humor – just plain funny! So, we’ve gathered some of the crankiest lyrics of all time to make you smile or perhaps laugh out loud!
1. “You’re the Reason Our Kids Are Ugly” by Loretta Lynn and Conway Twitty
The beloved country duo of the ‘70s definitely knows how to poke fun at marital troubles and each other through one of the funniest country songs of all time. The song tells the tale of two old lovebirds throwing major shade on each other that would be just plain mean, and then there are the ugly children they must share. Well, on the brighter side, the couple chose to stick with each other.
2. “Way Too Pretty for Prison” by Miranda Lambert and Maren Morris
Miranda Lambert and Maren Morris joined forces together for a murderous revenge fantasy against a cheating partner. However, the country superstars chose to behave, afraid that they might end up in jail. The big problem is that “the state won’t pay for lash extensions” and “that lack of waxing situation” inside the prison.
3. “When It Rains It Pours” by Luke Combs
Perhaps you’ve known Luke Combs as the man behind some of the most soulful ballads in today’s country music, but did you know one of his first hits was this comedic song When it Rains it Pours, about how a man’s luck started changing for the better the moment his girlfriend walked out on him?
4. “Did I Shave My Legs for This?” by Deana Carter
This is definitely one of the most humorous 90s country songs that describes marriage! Deana Carter finds herself fantasizing about a luxurious lifestyle with her husband only to come home to a deteriorating mobile home where she halfheartedly prepares supper for him as he watches television and drinks up his beer – absolutely not showing any sympathy towards her.
5. “I’m Gonna Miss Her (The Fishin’ Song)” by Brad Paisley
The country superstar brought some laughs with this song he had written long before he even had a record deal. The song tells the tale of a man whose lover has threatened to leave him if he goes fishing instead of staying home with her.
And yes, you got it right! Our man has chosen to go fishing, saying he will “miss her when [he gets] home” from the lakeshore.
6. “All My Ex’s Live in Texas” by George Strait
George Strait shows his funny side in this late-1980s song where he humorously sings about why a man can no longer visit the Lone Star State. And it’s all because of a string of failed relationships with women in that state, and they all ended pretty terribly.
7. “Big Green Tractor” by Jason Aldean
Though fans find the song as a funny one, Jason Aldean thought of it as romantic. It tells the tale of a man who asks his lover if she wants to go to town with him, or he could instead take her for a ride “on [his] big green tractor.”
8. “Flushed From the Bathroom of Your Heart” by Johnny Cash
Johnny Cash had always shown his silly side through his songs such as “Everybody Loves a Nut,” and definitely with “A Boy Named Sue.” But his real crowning achievement as a comedian is definitely this love song expressing the emotion of heartbreak.
9. “Like My Dog” by Billy Currington
Billy Currington sings about his judgmental girlfriend by listing off several different things that his pet dog will never do, wishing his lover to “love [him] like [his] dog does.”
10. “I Don’t Even Know Your Name” by Alan Jackson
Alan Jackson revealed that the song was written as a joke requested by some of his family members, and it turned out to be a hilarious one with the most ridiculous stories in country music. It tells the tale of a man who ended up marrying a waitress after one wasted night, and the rest was pretty awkward.
Other funny country songs you need to check out:
- “How Come Your Dog Don’t Bite Nobody But Me” by Webb Pierce and Mel Tillis
- “Why Haven’t I Heard from You” by Reba McEntire
- “Some Beach” by Blake Shelton
- “You Ain’t Much Fun” by Toby Keith
- “Do You Want Fries With That” by Tim McGraw
- “Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off” by Joe Nichols
- “She Thinks My Tractor’s Sexy” by Kenny Chesney
- “It’s Five O’Clock Somewhere” by Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffett
- “Ticks” by Brad Paisley
- “As Good As I Once Was” by Toby Keith
- “I Think She Only Loves Me for My Willie” by Paul Overstreet
- “When You’re Screwin’ Other Women (Think of Me)” by Doyle and Debbie
- “Why Haven’t I Heard from You” by Reba McEntire
- “I’ve Never Gone To Bed With An Ugly Woman, But I Sure Woke Up With a Few” by Bobby Bare
- “No I in Beer” by Brad Paisley
How about you? What are your favorite funny country songs?