Dolly Parton is certainly queen!
The Grand Ole Opry celebrated Dolly Parton’s 50th anniversary as an Opry member on Oct. 12 with two sold-out shows honoring the country icon.
If you weren’t able to attend Dolly Parton’s 50th-anniversary show at the Grand Ole Opry on Oct. 12, NBC has you covered.
A Dolly Parton Special
A two-hour TV special, Dolly Parton: 50 Years at the Grand Ole Opry, will debut on NBC on Nov. 26 at 9 p.m. ET.
The show will feature Opry performances from Dolly, Dierks Bentley, Emmylou Harris, Chris Janson, Toby Keith, Lady Antebellum, Margo Price, Hank Williams Jr., and more.
The special also includes archival footage of Dolly’s most colorful and exciting moments through 50 years on the Opry stage, as well as interviews with the superstar and artists she’s influenced.
Between shows, Tennessee’s Governor Bill Lee presented Dolly with a proclamation declaring October 12 as Dolly Parton Day.
Dolly took the stage during both shows (7 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.) to perform a cache of her fan-favorite hits, including “Joshua,” “Jolene,” “My Tennessee Mountain Home,” “Coat of Many Colors,” “Here You Come Again,” “9 to 5,” and “I Will Always Love You.”
“I’m so thrilled to be celebrating my 50-year anniversary with the Grand Ole Opry, I’m also excited that NBC wanted to share in this milestone with me. Together we hope to entertain a broader audience on what the Grand Ole Opry is and what it means to me. We have some special treats, surprises and great performances by some very talented artists and I’m looking so forward to sharing it with you.”
50th Anniversary, Dolly Parton, NBC, Opry
- Ryan Upchurch Responds to Luke Combs’ Apology and Calls Him ‘F—ing Sissy’
- Meet Kelly Lynn, Chris Janson’s Wife, Manager and Driving Force
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- ‘Grease’ is Under Fire, Critics Want It Taken Down From Screens. Here’s Why!
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait