It’s an unbelievable fact that we have reached the time for the year-end lists, but here we are, reviewing TIME magazine’s Best Songs of the Year. There were common picks for every year’s best song, but Morgan Wallen’s “7 Summers” caught our eye.
If there are artists that felt the extent of the pandemic, Morgan Wallen is undoubtedly one. Following controversies around him, Wallen took a short break from the spotlight. Nonetheless, he made sure that he’s stronger and wiser in his return. This is just a testament to what talent he has and a reminder that even the best of the bests also have setbacks.
The ballad “7 Summers” was written by Morgan Wallen with Josh Osborne and Shane McAnally. The song will be featured in Wallen’s early 2021 project “Dangerous: The Double Album.”
This year, people from all across the world have spent their summer in a very unusual way with no cookouts, no tailgates, no block parties, no vacations, and no family reunions. It would just be right that one of the most listened to song this year is one that tells us what it felt like. Wallen passionately delivered every line of his top song and eventually hits us with the reality that everything was “7 Summers” ago.
More than the summer vibe, Morgan Wallen added beautiful music through a guitar instrumental that you could listen to for 3 minutes. It would make you feel like drifting down the river and sipping on a sixer alongside a friend or romantic interest.
Here are the 9 other songs that is included in this year’s Time’s list:
“Long Road Home,” Oneohtrix Point Never
“Uwrongo,” Prince Kaybee, Shimza, Black Motion, Ami Faku
“Back Door,” Stray Kids
“Think About Things,” Daoi Freyr
“Good News,” Mac Miller
“Little Nokia,” Bree Runway
“Yo Perreo Sola” remix, Bad Bunny, Ivy Queen, and Nesi
“WAP,” Cardi B feat. Megan Thee Stallion
“People I’ve Been Sad,” Christine and the Queens
Wallen will appear on Saturday Night Live on December 5(Saturday).
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Let’s Take a Look Back to Kenny Chesney’s Intriguing Dating Life
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- Look! Alan Jackson’s Three Daughters are Now All Grown Up
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend