“Good Hearted Woman” is one of the best singles of Waylon Jennings. He recorded the song back in 1972. The single received constructive criticisms and massive response from the country music obsessives. It topped the country charts back then. The song reached number three on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart.
Meanwhile, Waylon Jennings collaborated with Willie Nelson to re-record “Good Hearted Woman.” Their duet was released in 1975, three years after Willie Nelson released his. Their duet was a massive success as it placed on top of the country charts. It placed at number one on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart.
To remember the work of arts of Willie Nelson and Waylon Jennings, let’s go ahead and listen to their victorious duet. Indeed, their collaboration is considered one of the best duets in the industry also, a performance worth remembering.
Good Hearted Woman…
Both Willie Nelson and Waylon Jennings pooled resources for the words and lyrics of “Good Hearted Woman.” As mentioned above, Waylon Jennings recorded the single and was part of his album of the same name. On the other hand, their duet was included on the album “Wanted: The Outlaws.”
Waylon Jennings got his inspiration from an advertisement about Tina Turner as a “good-hearted woman” loving a “two-timing man” Ike Turner. Then, Waylon Jennings approached Willie Nelson about his ideas. At that time, Willie Nelson was playing a poker game. While they were playing, they were cooperating as Connie Koepke, the wife of Willie Nelson, was writing down the words and lyrics.
Visit our website www.countrythangdaily.com to read more of our featured articles. Also, follow our Facebook Page, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter for more updates. You may also leave your comments below for the country artists, legends, and songs you would like us to feature.
good hearted woman, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Marie Osmond’s Children: Meet The Eight Of Them Here!
- Four Gents Teamed Up For One Epic Performance of “I’ll Fly Away” at Hee Haw
- Garth Brooks’ Daughters All Turned Up To Be These Gorgeous. Meet Them Here!
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Remembering The “Gentle Giant” of Country Music: Don Williams
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children