Johnny Cash passed away on September 12, 2003, because of complications from diabetes. The country legend was 71-years-old, but his impact on music lives on and here is his story.
Johnny Cash was born in Kingsland, Arkansas on February 2, 1932. His mother, Carrie Cloveree, began teaching him how to play the guitar in his childhood. When he was 18, He enlisted in the United States Air Force where he served until he was honorably discharged in 1954. After a year, he signed with Sun Records and legendary career of Johnny Cash started later that year when he released his first single, “Hey Porter.”[like_button]
When he was on tour, Johnny Cash stumbled upon his future wife, June Carter. Even though he was already married that time, he couldn’t ignore the connection he felt with between June Carter and himself. After discovering that Johnny has feelings for June, his wife, Vivian Liberto divorced him. Vivian also blamed the divorce on Cash’s drug and alcohol addiction. However, June Carter was successful in stopping Johnny from living a life he would regret, “she has saved my life more than once. She’s always been there with her love, and it has certainly made me forget the pain for a long time, many times,” Johnny once shared. “When it gets dark and everybody’s gone home and the lights are turned off, it’s just me and her.”
Unfortunately, June Carter passed away four months before Johnny. As a solo artist, Johnny Cash recorded over 100 albums on top of 150 singles.[like_button]
Johnny Cash was buried alongside the love of his life June Carter at Hendersonville, Tennessee. Two of his five children, Rosanne Cash and John Carter Cash, became musicians in their own rights. Rosanne was the child of Johnny and Vivian and went to become a singer-songwriter.
What do you think about Johnny Cash? Let us know in the comment section below.
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- Crystal Gayle Sings About Love And Heartbreak in “Til I Gain Control Again”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- Did You Know Ray Price’s “City Lights” Has So Much Country Music History