“Days of Elijah” is a worship song based on Psalm 91. When I came across it being sung by a group of American Marines, I knew we had to feature it. It involves marines based at Camp Pendleton in California.
These incredible marines have dedicated their lives to protecting our country. And these guys know to turn the Lord of all during the toughest times.
The men, who wave their hands in unison sporadically and shout, “Oorah!” as they sing the praise and worship song, were apparently gathered over the weekend for a Christian service at the California military installation. So, seeing these Marines come together to praise the Lord in a song with ‘Days Of Elijah’ was truly inspirational!
The video was posted by Merrie Pardee Baldwin to her Facebook page. Merrie attends Arbor Christian Fellowship in Lake Forest, California. She and her husband Jim volunteer every second Sunday for worship services at Camp Pendleton. The video was taken during the service held on Sunday, September 14, 2014.
Days of Elijah
In the mid-90s Robin Mark wrote and recorded a song that would make him as well-known in the churches of the United States as he already was in the U.K. The Belfast, Northern Ireland native believes that the Old Testament stories are as relevant today in what they can teach us as they were when they were experienced and, subsequently, first told.
“Days of Elijah” have become a favorite for many churches. It is also a song of hope and courage.
When we understand the meaning of the song, “Days of Elijah,” we are encouraged as Christians to celebrate. The song shows us that prophecies about Christ and God’s people have been fulfilled across hundreds of years. The Christ — who was born in Bethlehem is coming again – – this time “riding on the clouds at the trumpet’s sound.” Christians above all other groups of people have a reason to celebrate.
Behold He comes, riding on the clouds
Shining like the sun at the trumpet’s call
So, lift your voice, it’s the year of Jubilee
Out of Zions hill, salvation comes
Days of Elijah, marines
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell’s Kids Inside Their Blended Family