It has been over ten years since Loretta released a studio album. Loretta and Willie’s duet became a part of the album Full Circle, and the video was posted on Youtube on March 23, 2016.
Loretta and Willie Shares the Same Stage Again
After 31 years, Loretta and Willie shared the same stage again and performed a duet song. The last time that they performed together was at Farm Aid 1985’s kick-off concert.
Even if these country legends are both working in the country scene, they rarely see each other. They were both busy that they never had the chance to perform together. However, it all changed when Loretta started working on her album.
Her first choice for the duet was Willie. She shared her thoughts about it in Rolling Stone Country:
“I always loved Willie. He’s always been a great guy, and he was always so nice to me. He wasn’t one of those guys hanging around just trying to go with you, or nothing like that. He was writing songs trying to make a living. . . Willie was a great songwriter when I met him, and it took him longer to realize he was a singer, too. He’s so good.”
Their Iconic Performance
The somber song titled “Lay Me Down” was accompanied by acoustics from both singers. It continued with both of them singing in a huge stadium.
Their voice complemented each others’. It is something to be expected from the seasoned singers. The music video was very captivating as it showed Willie and Loretta singing their hearts out in an empty stadium.
The scene feels like a recollection of all the time they spent touring and performing on big stages. Now, all that is left for them is their guitar, their music, and no one else.
At the end of the video, they went on and hugged each other like good friends.
Watch the amazing performance here:
Lay Me Down, Loretta Lynn, Willie Nelson
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Get to Know Jeff Dunham’s Children and His Life as a Father
- Meet Paige Dunham, The One Who Helped Jeff Dunham Rise To Fame
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Frédéric Thiébaud: 12 Facts about Shania Twain’s Husband
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- Meet Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell’s Kids Inside Their Blended Family