The CMA Awards always brings the country music community together, and after the 2019 awards show on Wednesday, the 13th of November, Loretta Lynn and Willie Nelson took some time to hang out and catch up on his tour bus.
Willie Nelson and Loretta Lynn Catching Up like Regular Buddies Do
Lynn posted the photo above to her Instagram, saying she had a blast hanging out with Nelson.
“I had the best time at CMA Country Music Association Awards last night. It was so good to see so many of my friends. I loved catching up with my buddy Willie Nelson!”
Nelson, 86, performed “Rainbow Connection” during the 2019 CMA Awards broadcast with Kacey Musgraves, who took home the award for Female Vocalist and Music Video of the Year. It was his first performance on the show since 2012.
Lynn made a surprise appearance at the ceremony, which took place at Nashville’s Bridgestone Arena. The 87-year-old is a rare sighting these days, following a stroke in 2017, and a fall that broke her hip in 2018.
Although Lynn didn’t perform on an evening that highlighted the historical contributions women have made to country music, she was honored by a group of female artists who performed an opening medley that featured her song, “You’re Looking at Country.”
Lynn was the first female artist to win Entertainer of the Year, taking home the CMA’s top honor in 1972. It was a homecoming of sorts for Lynn, winner of Female Artist of the Year at the first-ever CMA Awards show in 1967 and, just five years later, the first woman to win Entertainer of the Year.
Garth Brooks won Entertainer of the Year for the seventh time in 2019, marking the third time he has held the title in the last four years.
cma, Loretta Lynn, Willie Nelson
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- Yoakam Joins Stapleton on Stage for “Seven Spanish Angels”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Brandi Carlile and wife Catherine Shepherd’s Sweet Love Story
- Remembering the Creepy Death of Johnny Horton 59 Years Ago
- Top 100 Country Songs Chart 2021
- Darius Rucker and Adele Left Lady A In Tears With Stunning “Need You Now”