Lee Greenwood‘s song, “God Bless the USA” is probably the most patriotic song I’ve heard in a while. I mean, what more could we ask for if the song title is literally asking for God to bless America? This fourth of July, let us remember the sacrifices that all of our patriotic citizens did for the country.
Behind Lee Greenwood’s Song
“God Bless the USA” was not a big hit, but it was Lee Greenwood’s signature song. Furthermore, it was even used by some politicians for their campaign. Greenwood said that he wrote the song for the unification of America. It has always been his dream to write a song about it and so he did. With his song “God Bless the USA,” the American Public got the message and the song became iconic for it.
Years after the 9/11 attack, the meaning of the song became more relevant. Even Beyonce did a cover of the song and the proceeds went to the 9/11 charities. Lee Greenwood also made a children’s book from the song.
Proud to be American
America might be divided right now with all the issues that are brought up but everyone is uniting when 4th of July is being celebrated. Everyone seems to forget about their fight with each other when celebrating Independence Day because everybody has their own story of patriotism. Lee’s song became a staple to the American audience because it celebrates the love and pride that we have for the country.
There are a lot of things to be proud of being an American but one thing always stands out. That is our deep love for the country and our willingness to give our lives to our motherland.
Listen to Lee Greenwood’s iconic song here:
god bless usa, Lee Greenwood, patriot, USA
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Get to Know Jeff Dunham’s Children and His Life as a Father
- Benjamin Keough: A Carbon Copy of His Gramps, Elvis Presley
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- Married to the Bottle: Loretta Lynn and Husband Oliver Lynn Love Story