On Tuesday, the 5th of March, Little Big Town surprised the newest member of the Grand Ole Opry.
Ballerini’s Invite to the Opry
Kelsea Ballerini was invited into the institution during her appearance that evening on the iconic stage when she joined Little Big Town for a fabulous rendition of “Girl Crush.”
When the song was slowing to its conclusion, the group changed the lyrics to “Kelsea Ballerini, do you wanna join the Opry?”
It was obvious that the question had shocked Ballerini, but her reply was ecstatic.
“Yes, I’m gonna pass out I think. To be on this stage is the greatest gift in the world. This is the home of country music, and I get to be a part of it.”
Karen Fairchild of LBT added a sincere “For the rest of your life.”
Check out her reaction here!
To the fans who have religiously followed her career path, it was no surprise that she got the invitation.
This year alone, we’ve seen her as both a presenter and a nominee at the 2019 Grammy Awards. She is on tour with Kelly Clarkson and is set to headline her own tour. Her own “Miss Me More Tour” alongside Brett Young is scheduled on to kick start on April.
Grand Ole Opry’s General Manager Sally Williams had some sweet words about Ballerini when it came to her invitation.
“So many of us at the Opry have been fans of her recordings, her songwriting and her live performances since she played the Opry for the very first time. Having grown to know her personally in the years since, we love and respect her just as much as a person as an artist.”
Ballerini’s formal Opry induction will be on the 16th of April, on Tuesday. At age 25, she will be the Opry’s youngest member. This title was previously held by 32-year-old Chris Janson.
Grand Ole Opry, Invitation, Kelsea Ballerini, Little Big Town
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?