When two big stars collaborate on a song, no doubt it will be a huge, huge hit. Take for instance this Kane Brown’s “What Ifs” featuring Lauren Alaina. It is a duet, upbeat song about a couple’s crucial point in a relationship. The song was released in February 2017 under RCA Nashville.
The two singers were acquainted as they were schoolmates at Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe High School, Georgia. They both attended the same choir class and afterward went their different paths to pursue their own Nashville dreams. Then they were reunited after Brown recommended Lauren to be the female vocalist on this song.
The song’s articulate lines, written by Kane Brown, Matthew McGinn, and Jordan Schmidt, feature the things that can happen in a relationship, how a couple comes and goes thinking about their future. They question the “what ifs” of their romance. The girl has uncertainties, apparently based on prior experiences. He gives assurance that he’s worth the chance.
Alaina shares a bit of charm in the song, though their harmony is genuine. The two perfectly portray the fearlessness in relationships that defeats the negative assumptions.
Of Kane Brown’s songs, this single creates history by achieving #1 on all five U.S. Billboard country charts. It peaked at #1 on Hot Country Songs in October 2017, stopping the 34-week record of Sam Hunt’s Body Like a Back Road. It also topped the U.S. Billboard’s Country Streaming Songs Chart, Country Digital Sales, and Country Airplay Chart, along with Top Country Albums chart for the self-titled album.
What Ifs even garnered a 6x Platinum certification from RIAA and Triple Platinum from Music Canada, which left Brown in utter shock over his stream of achievements.
Don’t ask, and just enjoy the official Kane Brown’s “What Ifs” music video featuring Lauren Alaina.
Kane Brown, Lauren Alaina
- Sons of Willie Nelson Joined Him For An Incredible Rendition of “Move it on Over”
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Surviving Racism, Infidelity: Meet Vivian Liberto Cash
- Meet Chris Stapleton’s Wife And The 5 Fascinating Facts About Her
- Wondering Why Randy Travis Never Had Children? Here’s The Reason!
- 15 Fast Facts About Denise Jackson That You Might Not Know Yet
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani’s ‘Nobody But You’ Hits No. 1 and The Couple is As Thrilled As Ever