Home is more than a physical structure. It is a sanctuary providing an escape from the busyness and intrusiveness of the world. It has been a subject of abundant written works because of the profound memories built in it.
Home Is Where The Heart Is
“Home Is Where The Heart Is” means that home is a place where we feel the deepest affection no matter where we are. At times even in the existence of our physical homes, we feel so lost.
The Bible says that Jesus is our shelter, our rock, and refuge, our dwelling place. He is our resting place and our refreshment. We have to make a place for him in our hearts so he can come and live in us. John 15:4.
Building a house for him doesn’t happen overnight. We start to take the scripture by the heart to open the door for him. Let us allow God to work Himself into us, to build Himself into our being. It requires patience and dedication but we should trust that He will never let the enemy win.
Home in God
The place that we build in our hearts for God is just another door that connects us to our eternal residence after this life. As children of God, our household is not on earth but with God. Ephesians 2:19 said that we are no longer strangers and aliens but we are fellow citizens with the saints and are of God’s household.
When our life on earth is plagued with difficulties, we should remind ourselves that they are not permanent. We should be confident that God is bigger than our problems. Let us not be distracted in building his abode in our hearts.
As we enjoy dwelling on this earth for this allotted time, we should prepare our hearts to live forever at home with the Lord.
Here’s a song by the Gaither Vocal Band about Home.
Gaither Vocal Band
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani’s ‘Nobody But You’ Hits No. 1 and The Couple is As Thrilled As Ever
- Sons of Willie Nelson Joined Him For An Incredible Rendition of “Move it on Over”
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Hank Locklin’s Most Successful Recording “Please Help Me, I’m Falling”
- Chris Stapleton’s “Broken Halos” Sings For Painful Untimely Deaths
- Surviving Racism, Infidelity: Meet Vivian Liberto Cash
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?