Kindness is a big word spread commonly use nowadays. People posting about being kind even to rude people or even the line, “Kill them with kindness” is known.
However, what is the true meaning of kindness? Do you have to lower yourself to make people feel better about themselves? Is that even considered kindness? Well, a song by Glen Campbell will perhaps tell you what kindness should look like.
Glen Campbell’s “Try a Little Kindness
“Try a Little Kindness” was first recorded by country singer Glen Campbell in 1969. With the amazing skills of Curt Sapaugh and Bobby Austin, they were able to write a song that means something good. When Campbell recorded the song for his same-titled album, the single was immediately a hit. “Try a Little Kindness” hit various charts in and outside the US. In the US, the single placed at No. 2 on the Hot Country chart. Moreover, it reached the 23rd position of the chart in the Billboard Hot 100. Other charts that the song was able to secure a spot was on the UK, Australian, Canadian and New Zealand charts.
The song has a strong message and is inspiring. In addition, it was a hit song. Therefore, some country artists decided to make a version of their own.
“Try a Little Kindness” is about helping people without second thoughts. It’s not about tryin’ to make people feel good while making yourself feel bad. Kindness is about understanding and doing good things. Kindness is about being the better person if people treat you badly, instead of plotting revenge.
“And if you try a little kindness then you’ll overlook the blindness
Of narrow-minded people on the narrow-minded streets.”
Campbells’ song is definitely one of the most inspiring songs in country music. “Try a Little Kindness” is what we all need in this world that is made of cruel people. Today, show kindness to everyone you meet.
glen campbell, try a little kindness
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Willie Nelson and His Son Put A Country Twist to Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance
- Remember When Marty Robbins Starred in Clint Eastwood’s Iconic Film