Which do you prefer, to be friends or to be lovers? Or do you prefer to be both? That is the question that something most people worry about. Some are afraid to take the risk because it might destroy the friendship, especially if they split up. However, there is always a chance that things could work out but the only thing to do is to take the risk.
“Friends and Lovers,” Pop Version
“Friends and Lovers” is a classic pop song recorded by Gloria Loring and Carl Anderson in 1985. Jay Gruska and Paul Gordon both wrote the song for the soap opera named Days of Our Lives. Many labels turn the single down because they think that it will not be a hit. However, when it was finally released, the song reached No. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100. Moreover, the single has placed at No. 1 on the Adult Contemporary chart.
“Friends and Lovers” Country Version
Before Loring and Anderson’s version was released, Eddie Rabbitt and Juice Newton covered the song. They played it more on a country style of music than pop. Their version of the song was first released before Loring and Anderson. They also changed the title of the song to “Both to Each Other (Friends and Lovers).” The content of the song still remained the same despite the change on the title. Rabbitt and Newton’s version placed at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot Country charts in 1986.
About the Song
The song is about two friends who are in love and yet they are afraid to take the risk to turn their friendship into a more intimate relationship. They are afraid that they might lose one another or things will not work out between them. In addition, they are also both aware that their feelings are even growing stronger every day.
- Clint Eastwood: The Truth About His 8 Children
- Willie Nelson Held Back Tears as His Friends Sang Him “Seven Spanish Angels”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed
- The Story Behind Garth Brooks’ Divorce That Cost Him Millions
- 12 Deacon Frey Facts You Probably Didn’t Know
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend