The Dixie Chicks are back with a new album and tour arenas in 2020!
The New Dixie Chicks Album, Gaslighter + Tour
Frontwoman Natalie Maines confirmed the news of their comeback in a new interview with the Spiritualgasm podcast that aired on Thursday, the 19th of September.
The new album will be dubbed Gaslighter and she narrates to hosts Sterling Jones and Arielle Kebbel that the material is almost complete. She also says that the album began as a cover project to fulfill their contractual obligations to Sony, but it turned into an all-originals project that she thinks is their best music yet.
The Dixie Chicks previously hinted at a comeback with a cute Instagram post.
On singer Natalie Maines’ Instagram, the trio, together with their producer Jack Antonoff, announced that a new album is coming up.
The video announcement was short and sweet. It featured the baby filter and began with Maines exclaiming “Dixie Chicks!” before turning to bandmates Emily Robison and Martie Maguire with “Album!” and “Coming!” before Antonoff deadpanned, “Someday.”
Last year, Maines also dropped hints on her Instagram that the trio has been spending some time in the studio once again. Fans and followers who have kept a close eye on the band have been treated with behind the scenes of their studio time, photoshoots, and more. However, as to a proper date for the album, there’s no word on that just yet.
Maines also said that she started getting inspiration after she divorced her husband, actor Adrian Pasdar.
“Songwriting is really hard for me, and I think, for many years, I didn’t want to analyze my life or my relationship. I was just in it and dedicated and devoted … I just was not ready to open up like that.”
She also adds that while their last album was personal and autobiographical, this new one is “10 times that.”
Maines did not give a firm release date, nor did she provide details for the upcoming tour other than to say that she has recently seen some routing details for the shows.
Dixie Chicks, new album, Tour 2020
- Beautifully Blended: Meet All 7 of Kevin Costner’s Kids
- Here Are Some of The Incredible Things You Can Do At Loretta Lynn’s Ranch
- ‘Grease’ is Under Fire, Critics Want It Taken Down From Screens. Here’s Why!
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Ryan Upchurch Responds to Luke Combs’ Apology and Calls Him ‘F—ing Sissy’
- Here Are Some Loretta Lynn Facts To Celebrate One of Country Music’s Icons
- Throwback To George Jones’ “He Stopped Loving Her Today” Final Performance