Dolly Parton gets ready for Christmas! She officially partners with Hallmark for a holiday movie entitled “Christmas at Dollywood.”
“Christmas at Dollywood”
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas at Dolly Parton’s iconic theme park Dollywood. It may be dab smack in the middle of the summer heat right now, but Parton has unveiled her plans to bring her famous Smoky Mountains theme park to Hallmark’s tinsel-covered small screen with a new holiday movie entitled Christmas at Dollywood.
The movie will star Danica McKellar and the shooting will begin in August in Tennessee, according to a report in ET Online. In addition to McKellar’s leading role, Parton will also make a dazzling cameo.
McKellar expressed her excitement to collaborate with the country legend in an interview with ET.
“I grew up watching Dolly Parton on TV. I love her. She is everything. I got to meet her — she is charismatic and gorgeous and lovely, and she’s the best person ever. […] I’m so excited that I get to work with her.”
She also assured that there will be “a lot of really fun Dolly surprises.”
The film is slated to premiere in December as part of the network’s 10th anniversary of Countdown to Chrismas. McKellar’s mother, Mahaila and her son Draco will also have cameos.
Michelle Vicary, the executive vice president of programming and publicity at Crown Media Family Networks talks about the project with enthusiasm.
“Dolly Parton is a bright light who is rich in spirit, kindness and love. Christmas at Dollywood features Danica McKellar in a story about finding love and new beginnings in the most familiar place: Home.”
This is the second time that Hallmark has partnered with Parton and Dollywood on a project. Back in 2010, the network produced an original TV special celebrating 25 years of Dollywood.
Dolly Parton, dollywood, movie
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Crystal Gayle Sings About Love And Heartbreak in “Til I Gain Control Again”
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?