One of the best contemporary artists in country music is celebrating his 40th birthday today. Chris Stapleton is known for his powerful performance with Justine Timberlake, and his award-winning songs and album. He was born in Lexington, Kentucky. After which, he and his family moved to Staffordsville, Kentucky. When he was a student, he excelled in class. He even went to college to study engineering. But, nothing could stop him from achieving his dream.
Moving to Nashville
He moved to Nashville to pursue a career in country music. He began by writing songs. Stapleton soon started singing. He joined two bands before pursuing a solo career.
Chris Stapleton’s Traveller
Traveller was the first album Stapleton released as a solo artist. The album was a huge leap in Stapleton’s career. It took flight and placed at the top of the Billboard 200 and Country Albums chart. Furthermore, three of his songs were released as a single, and secured spots on the chart. The best part was all of the three songs were certified by RIAA.
Stapleton’s first album earned him the first awards he received in his career. He won the CMA’s Album of the Year, Male Vocalist of the Year, and New Artist of the Year. He also brought home some awards from the ACM and Grammy’s.
The only number one song of Stapleton on the chart was his rendition of David Allan Coe‘s single “Tennessee Whiskey” in 2015. His single was part of his first album and it sold four million copies worldwide.
Chris Stapleton and Justine Timberlake’s Performance
During a CMA award show, Stapleton and Justine Timberlake performed a medley of “Tennessee Whiskey” and “Drink You Away.” It was one of the best performances on the show. At that moment, Stapleton proved that he is a talented singer and one to be taken seriously.
Watch the jaw-dropping performance of the two below.
Happy Birthday to the amazing country singer who makes country rock cool.
chris stapleton, tennessee whiskey, traveller
- ‘Grease’ is Under Fire, Critics Want It Taken Down From Screens. Here’s Why!
- Inside the Grammy Award Winner’s Life: Meet Kris Kristofferson’s Children
- Throwback To George Jones’ “He Stopped Loving Her Today” Final Performance
- Beautifully Blended: Meet All 7 of Kevin Costner’s Kids
- Ryan Upchurch Responds to Luke Combs’ Apology and Calls Him ‘F—ing Sissy’
- Here Are Some of The Incredible Things You Can Do At Loretta Lynn’s Ranch
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?