Charley Pride on Country’s Family Reunion
In 2010, Country’s Family Reunion invited the legendary country singer Charley Pride on their show. He performed Hank Williams’ song “Kaw-Liga.” Charley showcased his talent as a singer and it is always outstanding. He seems to look like he is having fun while he performs Hank Williams’ song.
Charley Pride’s Version
This is not the first time Charley sang Williams’ song “Kaw-Liga.” He recorded the song in 1969 for his album Charley Pride: In Person. Pride made his version of the song reach No. 3 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. In addition, it placed at No. 120 on the Billboard 100. His album entered the Billboard Top Country Albums at No. 2 and No. 62 on the Billboard 200. Charley Pride: In Person was Gold-certified by RIAA.
Hank Williams Sr. and Fred Rose wrote the song together. It was said that the song was well crafted because of the amazing talent of Rose. Williams and Rose worked together before with the following songs:
- “I’ll Never Get Out of This World Alive”
- “Crazy Heart”
- “Settin’ the Woods on Fire”
- “Take These Chains From My Heart”
Hank recorded the song in 1952 but it was released after his death in 1953. “Kaw-Liga” is the A-side of Williams’ posthumous album. The B-side to the album was another of his No. 1 hit song “Your Cheatin’ Heart.”
“Kaw-Liga” is a country classic which is often included on country artists’ recordings. Here are some artists who made their own version of the song.
The Song’s Content
The song is a story of an Indian who is in love with a maiden in an antique store. He refuses to tell her about his feeling. Therefore, it hurt him a lot when the maiden was bought by someone else.
Watch Charley Pride sing Hank Williams’ song “Kaw-Liga.”
Charley Pride, Kaw-Liga
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Willie Nelson and His Son Put A Country Twist to Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012