The much-awaited Americana Music Awards is finally here, and we are graced with star-studded performances from artists coming from the Americana genre and others. The award show is made up of six different categories where artists are nominated and a voting body will then decide the winner. Each year, they also honor five members of the community which were already announced prior to the award night.
Americana Music Awards: Album of the Year 2019
One of the major categories of the award show has given us nominees that are spectacular and who truly deserves to be nominated. This year’s nominees for Americana Music Awards Album of the Year are To The Sunset by Amanda Shires, The Tree by Lori McKenna, The Tree of Forgiveness by John Prine, and Walk Through Fire by Yola. Last year, Prine took home the award for Artists of the Year. Do you think he’ll be bringing home the award for Album of the Year? Let’s find out.
The winner of this year’s Album of the Year is John Prine’s The Tree of Forgiveness. The tracklist of the album were all written or co-written by Prine together with other amazing songwriters. It has also appeared on top of different charts of Billboard, including Folk Album, Top Country Album, and Top Rock Album. Congratulations Prine!
Album of the Year 2018
Last year the award was brought home by Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit for their album Nashville Sound. The band’s album was not only a winner of the Americana awards. They also won last year’s Grammy Award for Best Americana Album and The UK Americana Awards for International Album of the Year.
Here is one of the songs from the award-winning album of last year’s winner.
Congratulations to all of this year’s winners!
2019 Americana Awards, American Music Awards, John Prine, The Tree of Forgiveness
- Ryan Upchurch Responds to Luke Combs’ Apology and Calls Him ‘F—ing Sissy’
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- Randy Travis Divorce With Ex-Wife Elizabeth Hatcher Travis Tops Nastiest Divorce in Industry
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?