Did you know “Amazed” by Lonestar is one of the most requested first dance songs for newlywed couples in the United Kingdom? This is according to a survey conducted in 2009 which has been participated by 2,000 wedding videographers.
Three Nashville songwriters – Marv Green, along with husband-and-wife Chris Lindsey and Aimee Mayo – joined forces together to write this power ballad. Lindsey and Mayo were still enjoying their budding romance when they wrote the song, and they drew inspiration from that.
Six months after penning what-would-be a country hit, their team played “Amazed” to Lonestar’s producer, who quickly fell in love with it. Lonestar then released it in 1999 as the second single from their album Lonely Grill.
“Amazed” then became the No. 1 song on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs chart, and it defended that spot for an incredible eight consecutive weeks – setting the record for the longest run at No. 1 since the chart kicked off in 1990. Moreover, the country ballad also crossed over into the pop airwaves, reaching the top spot of Billboard Hot 100.
Ever since then, the song has been covered by several renowned artists, including Bonnie Tyler, Boyz II Men, and Westlife’s Shane Filan.
Lonestar’s lead singer Richie McDonald revealed that despite the many years that have passed by, “Amazed” is still one of his favorite songs to sing whenever he’s on stage, and he will never get tired of playing it. After all, he will never be able to forget how the song once took their career to another level – something other artists could only dream of.
But there’s more to the song’s impact on their careers; there’s also how it touched their fans’ lives. In fact, after many years, fans would still come up to them, telling them that it’s “the song they got married to” or “the song they use on their anniversary.”
Indeed, this heartwarming ballad has touched so many people and has even become part of their stories. You can listen to “Amazed” by Lonestar in the video below!
- Sons of Willie Nelson Joined Him For An Incredible Rendition of “Move it on Over”
- Rip Wheeler and Beth Dutton Complete Relationship Timeline
- Get To Know Kelly Reilly, The Actress Behind Yellowstone’s Fearless Beth Dutton
- Tim McGraw & Faith Hill’s Daughter Audrey Shows Off Snippet From Recent Photoshoot
- Clint Black’s Daughter, Lily Made a Classy Opry Debut
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music