There are not enough Toby Keith songs lately and that is a bummer for most Toby Keith fans and followers. His latest memorable song if my memory serves me right is his “Wacky Tobaccy,” another ode to loving the medicinal marijuana and its country pioneer, Willie Nelson. While the video is fun with really colorful and rowdy graphics and effects, some people cannot help but wonder when Toby Keith would return to his older music catalog wherein he sings his heart out on a familiar tune about love, hope and basically, being an American. So today, we try to ease that longing on going back to his widely acclaimed song, ‘How Do You Like Me Now?’.
How Do You Like Me Now, Toby Keith
‘How Do You Like Me Now?’ is actually a song about an unrequited attraction with a female valedictorian back in his high school years. It’s a song wondering if that female valedictorian still remembers him now that he is famous. The song was co-written with Chuck Cannon. The said song was the biggest sold song of 2000.
In an interview, Keith explained how his co-writer came about of the said song:
“Chuck and I have had so much success together. We started writing this song right after we finished another one. We got through the first verse, and I was just blown away by it. Chuck thought it was kinda okay, but when you’ve just got a little piece of a song, it sometimes doesn’t stick out when you’ve got a finished product layin’ there. I kept telling him this was gonna be a big song if we could just nail it. It took us about six months to get back to it after that. But we finally did get back together – and nailed it.”
Watch the music video below:
Chuck Cannon, Life, songwriters, Toby Keith
- Billy Ray Cyrus’ Net Worth and Other Things You May Not Know About the Country Singer
- Get to Know the Children of The Country Legend, George Jones
- What Happened To John Wayne’s Children?
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- What Happened to Blake Shelton’s First Wife, Kaynette Williams
- How Alan Jackson Helped His Daughter Through the Heartbreaking Loss of Her Husband
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?