Tina Turner is one of the most timeless icons in the whole industry. The queen knows no bounds, as she dabbles with country flavor in the hit song “Help Me Make It Through the Night.”
“Help Me Make It Through The Night”
The song is an original ballad written and composed by Kris Kristofferson. He alludes his inspiration for writing the song from a Frank Sinatra interview, where Frank said that he believed in:
“Booze, broads, or a bible…whatever helps me make it through the night.”
The song’s suggestive manner would be the center of controversy in the conservative era of the 1970s. However, that didn’t stop the Queen of Rock ‘n’ Roll, as she put her own spin into the song, making it seem like a desperate plea to have anything just for her to get through the night fine.
This song has been covered by many other prominent country artists, including Tammy Wynette, Loretta Lynn, Glen Campbell, Joan Baez, Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis Presley, and Willie Nelson.
Check out the song here!
Tina Turner Turns The Country On
Turner is a celebrated artist, often being referred to as the Queen of Rock ‘n’ Roll, and has sold more than 200 million records worldwide. She is known to be a firecracker on stage. Her energy and stage presence are her staples, along with her gravelly vocals and amazing talent.
Tuner’s debut studio album is actually rooted in country flavors dipped in R&B. In Tina Turns The Country On!, she dabbles on the bayou southern feels in her songs.
Apart from Kristofferson’s hit, she also takes hits from Bob Dylan, Olivia Newton-John, Dolly Parton, and more in the album. Her performance in this has earned her a Grammy nomination.
- Bayou Song
- Help Me Make It Through The Night
- Tonight I’ll Be Staying Here With You
- If You Love Me (Let Me Know)
- He Belongs To Me
- Don’t Talk Now
- Long Long Time
- I’m Moving On
- There’ll Always Be Music
- The Love That Lights Your Way
Help Me Make It Through The Nigth, Kris Kirstofferson, Tina Turner
- Kenny Rogers’ Children: Meet the Late Country Legend’s 5 Kids
- Wanda Miller: 8 Fast Facts About Kenny Rogers’ Other Half,
- Clint Eastwood: The Truth About His 8 Children
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- Kenny Rogers and wife Wanda Miller: Love That Bridged The Gaps
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012