Reba McEntire Called It Quits
Speaking to Us Weekly, the country singer confirmed the breakup when noting that they won’t be spending the holidays together.
“Skeeter and I broke up in May, so, unfortunately, we will not be spending that time together. We still talk and we’re friends, but just decided to go our separate ways.”
McEntire and Lasuzzo, a 69-year-old retired oil geologist turned wildlife photographer, first met through mutual friends while on vacation in Jackson Hole, Wyo., in 2017.
Back in an interview in April, McEntire was still gushing about Lassuzo while talking with ET ahead of the Academy of Country Music Awards.
“We’re having a great time, traveling the world and seeing things and having fun. I’m still working and loving what I do. I’m at a time in my life where I’m very grateful, very content [and] very calm. Love it.”
“We have a great time,” she reiterated while noting the best thing about Lasuzzo: “He has a wonderful sense of humor. We laugh a lot.”
The couple made their relationship known when they stepped out together at the 2018 Grammy Awards, after five months of dating privately.
“Kix and Barbara Brooks thought it’d be a good idea, since we were gonna be up around Yellowstone, to get Kix’s best friend’s wife’s brother to show us around. He’s a photographer in Jackson Hole. I made another trip to Jackson Hole, because I just love it up there, and he asked me out for a date — just the two of us.”
McEntire was previously married to Charlie Battles from 1976-1987 and to Narvel Blackstock — whose son Brandon is married to Kelly Clarkson — from 1989-2015. Reba has one child, 29-year-old son Shelby, with Blackstock.
In an interview with CMT Radio live in 2016, she admits that the divorce wasn’t her idea.
“The divorce was not my idea. I didn’t want it in any shape, form or fashion.”
Breakup, Reba McEntire, Skeeter Lasuzzo
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Another Jaw-Dropping Performance by Merle Haggards’ Sons
- Fans Coming Up To Chris Young With Tears In Their Eyes After Listening to “Drowning”
- “Down to the River to Pray:” The Perfect Song for the Movie O Brother, Where Art Thou?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Meet Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell’s Kids Inside Their Blended Family
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?