In 1993, Billy Ray Cyrus’ “She’s Not Cryin’ Anymore” was released as the penultimate track off his debut album, Some Gave All – which was the top-selling album in 1992 and was certified 9x Platinum. It’s also the same album that released “Achy Breaky Heart,” the most notable single of his career, and is on top of Billy Ray Cyrus’ greatest hits.
Meanwhile, “She’s Not Cryin’ Anymore” reached a peak of No. 6 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart and enjoyed bigger success in Canada, where it peaked at No. 3 on the RPM Country Singles chart.
Written by Cyrus with songwriters Terry Shelton and Buddy Cannon, the mid-tempo ballad tells the tale of a man filled with regrets for letting her woman down. He wasn’t there when she needed him, and he took her love for granted.
Unfortunately, things are too late for him now as she already found a new man to take his place – someone that puts a smile upon her face.
“If I knew then what I know now, another tear would never fall. ‘Cause I’d give our love my all if we could work things out somehow,” the man expressed his regrets. Truly, these bittersweet lyrics are enough to keep us reminded that we should improve our chances of regretting nothing in a relationship that only comes once in a lifetime.
The song is accompanied by a music video wherein actress Deena Dill portrayed Cyrus’ former girlfriend, who left him for another man after treating her so badly. It is intermixed with Cyrus’ live performance of the song. You can watch the short clip of “She’s Not Cryin’ Anymore” by Billy Ray Cyrus below. It may be a blast from the past, but the country superstar proves his talent is as outstanding as ever.
billy ray cyrus
- Clint Eastwood: The Truth About His 8 Children
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed
- The Story Behind Garth Brooks’ Divorce That Cost Him Millions
- 12 Deacon Frey Facts You Probably Didn’t Know
- Willie Nelson Held Back Tears as His Friends Sang Him “Seven Spanish Angels”
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend