In 1993, Billy Ray Cyrus’ “She’s Not Cryin’ Anymore” was released as the penultimate track off his debut album, Some Gave All – which was the top-selling album in 1992 and was certified 9x Platinum. It’s also the same album that released “Achy Breaky Heart,” the most notable single of his career, and is on top of Billy Ray Cyrus’ greatest hits.
Meanwhile, “She’s Not Cryin’ Anymore” reached a peak of No. 6 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart and enjoyed bigger success in Canada, where it peaked at No. 3 on the RPM Country Singles chart.
Written by Cyrus with songwriters Terry Shelton and Buddy Cannon, the mid-tempo ballad tells the tale of a man filled with regrets for letting her woman down. He wasn’t there when she needed him, and he took her love for granted.
Unfortunately, things are too late for him now as she already found a new man to take his place – someone that puts a smile upon her face.
“If I knew then what I know now, another tear would never fall. ‘Cause I’d give our love my all if we could work things out somehow,” the man expressed his regrets. Truly, these bittersweet lyrics are enough to keep us reminded that we should improve our chances of regretting nothing in a relationship that only comes once in a lifetime.
The song is accompanied by a music video wherein actress Deena Dill portrayed Cyrus’ former girlfriend, who left him for another man after treating her so badly. It is intermixed with Cyrus’ live performance of the song. You can watch the short clip of “She’s Not Cryin’ Anymore” by Billy Ray Cyrus below. It may be a blast from the past, but the country superstar proves his talent is as outstanding as ever.
billy ray cyrus
- Charley Pride’s Son Honors Dad with “Kiss An Angel Good Mornin'”
- First Time In History: Garth Brooks’ Daughter Allie Colleen Achieves Her First Top-40 Country Hit
- ICYMI: The CMA Fiasco Surrounding Alan Jackson’s Walk-out to Beyonce’s Performance
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- Meet Brad Paisley’s Kids He Is Raising To Be Kind and Humble