Country superstar Blake Shelton has signed on as the headliner as the charity Musicians on Call hosts in 20th Anniversary Kick-Off benefit concert in Nashville on Friday, the 31st of May at the CMA Theater.
The celebration will take place at Nashville’s CMA Theater on the 31st of May. Cale Dodds will open the show before Shelton takes the stage. A limited number of tickets will be available to the public starting on the 26th of April at 10 AM.
In addition, Musicians On Call will recognize three individuals for their service: Shane Tarleton (Lifetime Achievement Award), Charlie Cook (Leadership in Music Award) and Lauren Alaina (Music Heals Award).
Musicians On Call President & CEO Pete Griffin talked to Music Row about the endeavor.
“Over the past 20 years we’ve brought the healing power of music to over 700,000 people in hospitals nationwide. A single song has the ability to lift a patient’s spirit unlike anything else and science has proven that music does actually help patients heal.”
Musicians on Call
Musicians on Call is a non-profit organization that brings live music and performing musicians to the bedsides of patients in healthcare facilities. By delivering live, in-room performances to patients undergoing treatment or unable to leave their beds, we add a dose of joy to life in a healthcare facility.
The programs have different facets, including a bedside performance program. They are enthusiastic about bringing live music to their patients. According to their website, it brings joy to the patients.
“This simple process can bring about miraculous changes for patients. We’ve seen Veterans move their injured limbs to the music—and children smile for the first time since they’ve been in the hospital to receive treatment for cancer. These one-on-one interactions between musician and patient have the powerful effect of restoring the happiness that often fades away in healthcare facilities.”
- Sons of Willie Nelson Joined Him For An Incredible Rendition of “Move it on Over”
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?
- Trigger, Willie Nelson’s Guitar Is Just As Legendary As He Is
- Jonathan Jackson’s “Unchained Melody” Soulful Rendition Will Send Chills Down Your Spine
- The Yellowstone Soundtrack: The Complete List
- Gilley’s: Let’s Look Back To The Largest Honky Tonk in the World