When we hear the name Kenny Rogers the first thing that pops into our minds is ‘best.’ Absolutely, he is one of the best country artists in 1957 to 2017. He spent over 60 years of his life in the world of country music. Talking about Rogers’ marriage, he has been married five times and has five children. Now, let me share with you one of his classic love songs, “Love Or Something Like It.”
Kenny Rogers’ “Love Or Something Like It”
It is a classic love song written and performed by Kenny Rogers. The song was written by Rogers, along with Steven Glassmeyer. This song was then produced by Country music producer Larry Butler under United Artists Corporation.
“Love or Something Like It” was released on May 1978 as a single from Roger’s album, Love or Something Like It. Upon the release of the song, it entered the country charts and became a number 1 hit single. Thus, it stayed on the country charts for over 10 weeks.
Rogers’ album, Love or Something Like It, was his 5th album released. Thus, it became Rogers fourth number 1 hit album.
The Lyrics Breakdown
Something’s got a hold on me
It’s cheap but it ain’t free
Love or somethin’ like it’s got a hold on me
Love or somethin’ damn near like it’s got a hold on me
Remember that if someone really wants you, he/she would actually put some effort to get your attention. He/she will make sacrifices for you. Furthermore, he/she would not just tell you that he/she wants you, instead, he/she would show you in every little way possible that he/she wants you.
May I ask you a question? What will you do if love hits you? Do you agree that love is an instrument for us to bring out the best version of ourself?
Hear this Song from Kenny Roger’s “Love Or Something Like It” here:
Classic Love Song, kenny rogers, Love Or Something Like It
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Willie Nelson and His Son Put A Country Twist to Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance