After the news of her appendectomy, Kelly Clarkson isn’t really happy about being out of commission, admitting that recovery “super duper sucks.”
She’s Not Enjoying Recovery
Quick recap… recovering after surgery super duper sucks. Turns out I don’t “rest” well (so bored), pain meds make me feel a different kind of horrible 2 where I question if I’d just rather feel the pain instead, & 2 out of the 3 scars feel as if Lord Voldemort is always near.
It’s obvious that she doesn’t enjoy the medication and the downtime. And it’s no surprise that she feels ‘bored,’ when prior to the surgery, she’s been on The Voice, she voiced a character in the new UglyDolls movie, and hosted and performed at the 2019 Billboard Music Awards.
But she doesn’t allow her circumstance to damper her mood or her humor. She still tweets and keeps up with the fans however she can,
Kelly Clarkson’s Surgery
Just hours after the show, she immediately flew back to Los Angeles to have the procedure done. The surgery was performed at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles early Thursday morning.
After the surgery, she took to Twitter to thank her team and console her fans that the surgery was a success.
“Not gonna lie…. I may or may not have broken down in tears after the show from pain BUT thanks 2 all the amazing people @ Cedars-Sinai I flew home directly after the event, nailed the surgery early this morning, & feeling awesome now! Bye bye appendix #TheShowMustGoOn“
Her post was a response to Buzzfeed reporter Jarett Wieselman, who commended her for a performance under pressure that did not show “any sign of discomfort.”
Before taking the stage inside the MGM Grand Arena, Clarkson admitted to E! News that it was her childhood dream to host the star-studded event.
In addition to her hosting duties, she also walked the red carpet, performed an amazing medley to open the show, and treated fans to a rendition of her new song.
Billboard Music Awards, Kelly Clarkson, Surgery
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance