Earlier this year, Grammy-nominated singer John Berry had announced that he was battling throat cancer. Still, he and his wife Robin were optimistic about their journey to recovery.
Since then, he had always been good about keeping the fans updated about the progress of his treatment, and with each update, things seem to be looking up.
John Berry’s Most Recent Update
He turned to social media on the night of the 24th of June, Monday to give his latest health update – and the update is good. He gave a short and sweet message before bidding his fans goodnight.
“Hey everybody. I’m just getting ready to go to bed, but I wanted to give you an update. I went to the doctor today and got a great report from Dr. Hunter, and they are really pleased with my progress.”
The hit-maker and Country crooner had noticed odd symptoms that popped up mysteriously during his 2018 Christmas tour. Berry still managed to get through 21 solid performances without compromising his most important instrument – his voice. But, he described that there was an irritating sensation wedged in his windpipe. It was “like having a part of a peanut stuck in your throat.” He says that the feeling never went away despite the treatment that he had gone through.
In early January, an ordered CAT scan led to the discovery of a tumor in one of his tonsils. When the tonsils were operated on, doctors found that the tumor was larger than they initially thought. What was worse, the tumor had already spread and was malignant.
A five-week treatment has been set for Berry. The signs are looking good for the singer. There is more than 90 percent cure rate, as said from Berry’s publicist.
Cancer Diagnosis, Health Update, John Berry
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Top 100 Country Songs Chart 2021
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- The Untimely Deaths of Loretta Lynn’s Kids
- Brandi Carlile and wife Catherine Shepherd’s Sweet Love Story