Undeniably, George Jones is a music legend that is a trailblazer in the country music genre, and his passing sent shock waves throughout the musical spectrum.
When the “He Stopped Loving Her Today” singer passed away back in 2013, thousands of fans and fellow musicians paid tribute to him and attended his funeral in Nashville.
Even Vince Gill broke down during his tribute performance for ‘The Possum’ but nothing beats the pain that Nancy Sepulvado, his wife of nearly 30 years, must have felt when she lost Jones. She had not left Jones’ side since they tied the knot in 1983.
George Jones’ Final Words
Mrs. Jones opened up about her late husband’s final moments, and about their ‘roller coaster’ relationship, which she believed was greatly affected by God. It was she who helped ‘The Possum’ with his highly publicized battle with alcoholism. She was the epitome of a devoted wife.
His final moments with her made a huge impact on her. In an interview with The Tennessean, she recalls her final moments with her husband.
Jones lay on a hospital bed a few days before his death, suffering from complications from a respiratory infection, unable to speak. Just before his passing, as his wife was talking to the doctors, the country legend suddenly spoke.
“We were standing at the foot of the bed, and George just hadn’t said nothing, and all of a sudden, he opened his eyes, and I was fixin’ to go toward him, and the doctor kind of held me back, and George said, ‘Well, hello there.’ He said, ‘I’ve been looking for you. He said, ‘My name’s George Jones.'”
And with that, he was gone.
Nancy Jones continued to explain that maybe it was in that moment, he was talking to God.
“He closed his eyes, and that was the end of it. So, in my heart, I know he was talking to God.”
George Jones, Last Words, nancy jones
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Remember When Marty Robbins Starred in Clint Eastwood’s Iconic Film
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance
- Let’s Revisit Conway Twitty’s Last Performance of “The Rose”
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012