— American Idol (@AmericanIdol) March 25, 2019
The country superstar stunned Swift on Sunday night’s episode when he gave him his boots after noticing that both of Swift’s boots had holes worn right through them.
Bryan asked Swift to show the camera the soles of his boots, and instantly the camera honed in on the holes where Brian claimed they were.
‘What size shoe are you, Colby? Wouldn’t be a 12D would it?’ Luke asked, with the hopeful smiling as he said: ‘I mean, whatever fits.’
‘Well, I’m a 12D. We’ll solve that little problem,’ Luke told him, taking off his own expensive cowboy boots and walking up to the stage to hand them over.
Bryan walked out from behind the judges’ table and handed his boots to a shocked Swift. The teen crooner immediately swapped them for his worn-out pair.
— KATY PERRY (@katyperry) March 25, 2019
“So Colby, those boots are made for walking to the next round,” Bryan added.
Watch the touching gesture here!
Swift’s American Idol’s Journey
Earlier, he was driven to tears when Swift had a standing ovation for his solo performance of Freddy Fender’s ‘Every Teardrop Falls,’ which he dedicated to his little sister.
“To have Luke Bryan, Lionel Richie and Katy Perry stand up for me – that’s a blessing, man.”
However, Swift’s Idol journey was cut short when he was eliminated during the group rounds where he forgot the words to the hit Bruno Mars’ song ‘Grenade.’
“They told me those boots were your lucky boots, and then you put my boots on and this happens,”
Bryan said to Swift after his elimination.
But Swift seemed to take the loss in stride and left the competition with more determination.
“I am leaving with my head held high – and Luke Bryan’s boots. They’re my boots now, they ain’t yours no more.”
american idol, Colby Swift, Luke Bryan
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Top 100 Country Songs Chart 2021
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed
- Brandi Carlile and wife Catherine Shepherd’s Sweet Love Story
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage