As an award-winning singer, Alan Jackson’s net worth has definitely grown so much over the years and enough to put him on the list of top country musicians. While other country musicians took some time to skyrocket, Alan Jackson did so with just his 1990 debut album. And he continued to release hits after hits and later on stamping his name in the industry.
So, let’s get to know more about this country musician and some other things you still probably don’t know about him.
1. He was born in Georgia, and his family used to live in his grandfather’s toolshed.
Alan Eugene Jackson was born on October 17, 1958, in Newnan, Georgia, to parents Joseph Eugene “Daddy Gene” Jackson (1927–2000) and Ruth Musick “Mama Ruth” Jackson (1930–2017). He has four older sisters, and he used to have his bed along a hallway as they lived in his grandfather’s toolshed.
He attended Elem Street Elementary and then Newnan High School.
2. He had a very unusual childhood pet.
Kids usually love dogs or cats, but Alan wasn’t your usual kid. For his childhood pet, he had a monkey – a squirrel monkey, to be exact. If that wasn’t unusual at all, we don’t know what is.
3. Alan Jackson didn’t actually like country music when he was a kid.
Back when he was younger, Alan Jackson listened to a lot of gospel songs and hymns, and he didn’t actually like any other type of music. In an interview with Newsweek once, he admitted that he wasn’t that kind of music-loving and record-buying type. But when a friend introduced him to country legends like John Anderson, Gene Watson, and Hank Williams Jr., Jackson fell in love with country music.
And we all know what happened next!
4. His first job was at a shoe store.
Alan Jackson wasn’t born into a rich family, and it was not surprising that he already worked at the young age of 12. His first job was actually at a shoe store. And before he got made his big move to Nashville, he had many different jobs, including a forklift driver at a warehouse for Kmart. And then he worked in The Nashville Network’s mailroom before he finally got his big break thanks to “Rhinestone Cowboy” Glen Campbell.
5. He met his wife at Dairy Queen.
And to impress her, he tried to toss a penny coin into her shirt and asked if he could retrieve it. Not the best conversation starter, so he tried waiting up inside her car while it was parked and when she started driving off, he popped up and surprised her.
It worked, and they started talking. Alan Jackson’s daughters – Mattie, Ali, and Dani, – have all grown up so well now.
6. Alan Jackson’s first car was a 1995 white Thunderbird convertible.
He used to take his then-girlfriend (now wife) Denise Jackson on dates with it. But when they had to pay for their downpayment for their first house, he had to sell it. Denise tracked the car after a couple of years, repurchased it, and then gave it to Alan as a surprise Christmas gift.
7. He loves sad songs more than happy ones.
A lot of Alan Jackson songs have become hits, and the ones that he definitely loved writing the most were the sad ones. According to the musician, he tends to go the more emotional route as he liked writing something that people could connect to.
8. He is an award-winning country music artist.
Throughout his career, he has recorded and released 16 studio albums and achieved 35 number one hits on the Billboard Music Charts. He has also bagged two Grammy awards and earned 16 CMA awards and 17 ACM awards.
He is also a member of the prestigious Grand Ole Opry.
9. Alan Jackson is an actual Hall of Famer.
With an undeniable talent like Alan’s, it’s not surprising that he would be inducted into different Hall of Fames. In 2017, he was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame by none other than Loretta Lynn. And a year later, he was inducted into the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame.
10. Alan Jackson is estimated to be worth around $95 million.
With over 80 million records sold, a long list of awards, business deals, and sponsorships, Alan Jackson earned himself an estimated net worth of $95 million (some sources indicate that Alan Jackson’s net worth this 2021 has already reached the hundred million dollar mark).
- Sons of Willie Nelson Joined Him For An Incredible Rendition of “Move it on Over”
- Clint Black’s Daughter, Lily Made a Classy Opry Debut
- Rip Wheeler and Beth Dutton Complete Relationship Timeline
- Get To Know Kelly Reilly, The Actress Behind Yellowstone’s Fearless Beth Dutton
- Faith Hill’s Daughter Maggie and The Country Singer Has Uncanny Resemblance
- Tim McGraw & Faith Hill’s Daughter Audrey Shows Off Snippet From Recent Photoshoot
- Gilley’s: Let’s Look Back To The Largest Honky Tonk in the World