The 2020 Academy of Country Music Awards is just weeks away. After being moved from its original date April 15, the 2020 ACM awards will be aired on September 16 at 8 P.M. ET on CBS. Here are some things that you’ll want to know about the 55th Academy of Country Music Awards.
LIVE on Three Locations
Despite being delayed for months, the ACM Awards must go on! This year though, the awards will not be held in Las Vegas which we were accustomed to. Instead, it will be aired Live in three different places in Nashville; the house of the Grand Ole Opry, Ryman Auditorium, and the Bluebird Cafe.
Time for the Rising Stars to Shine
Hosted by the 15-time winner of the ACM Entertainer of the Year, Keith Urban, the 2020 ACM awards would not be less short of the brightest night this coming September. Some awards were handed out earlier. Last week, Urban announced to the public that Tenille Townes and Riley Green both won the New Male and Female Artists of the Year.
The recipient for the ACM Entertainer of the Year award will also be something to look out for this year. With Garth Brooks announcing prior to the ACM Awards that he will be removing himself from possible future wins, we saw the rise of new contenders. Both first-time nominees Maren Morris and Thomas Rhett are frontrunners for the award after receiving five nominations each. Joining them are two time past winners Luke Bryan and Carrie Underwood and two-time nominee Eric Church.
Great Artists, Great Performances
Any ACM Awards telecast will not be complete without great performances from the industry’s best. This year’s 55th ACM Awards, of course, won’t be short of the best in country music. Below is the list of the confirmed performers and where their performances will be filmed.
- Gabby Barrett, “I Hope” from the Ryman Auditorium
- Jimmie Allen, “Make Me Want To” from the Bluebird Café
- Kelsea Ballerini, “Hole in the Bottle” from the Ryman Auditorium
- Luke Combs, “Better Together” from the Bluebird Café
- Maren Morris, “To Hell & Back” from the Ryman Auditorium
- Miranda Lambert (feat. Natalie Hemby and Luke Dick), “Bluebird” from the Bluebird Café
- Old Dominion, a medley from the Ryman Auditorium
- Riley Green from the Ryman Auditorium
- Tenille Townes from the Ryman Auditorium
- Thomas Rhett (Feat. Jon Pardi), “Beer Can’t Fix” from the Ryman Auditorium
- Tim McGraw, “I Called Mama” from the Bluebird Cafe
Carrie Underwood, Eric church, keith urban, Luke Bryan, Maren Morris, Riley Green, Tenille Townes, thomas rhett
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce