Isn’t it heart-warming to see and hear several country musicians gathered on stage to sing glories to God?
When Kris Kristofferson turned 80, the country music industry played host to an all-star tribute in Nashville, Tennessee. His influence on the music business is self-evident, and the tribute concert proved his title. Kris Kristofferson and other country singers come together to sing the gospel song “Why Me Lord.”
The song “Why Me Lord” was penned by Kris Kristofferson himself after he attended a sacred ceremony led by the Rev. Jimmie Rogers Snow and was touched by how Larry Gatlin sang “Help Me (Lord)”. This was during the dispiritedly down phase of his life. It was like he was questioning the Lord why He had blessed him. It was a really impactful and inspirational song that affected almost everyone.
During the concert, the Bridgestone Arena was brought to church for the finale, “Why Me, Lord?” with the Legend at the center stage as all artists that night were behind him and harmonized like they were in a chorale. This is a once in a lifetime and a must-see performance that you can’t miss. The country’s biggest stars performed together with the renowned country star and sang his glorious song.
Performers include Willie Nelson, Rosanne Cash, Reba McEntire, Martina McBride, Lee Ann Womack, Larry Gatlin, Jessi Colter, Lady Antebellum, Jennifer Nettles, Alison Krauss, Jamey Johnson, Jack Ingram, Hank Williams Jr, Eric Church, and Emmylou Harris. And we admire that they placed the Lord at the center during that evening.
Kris Kristofferson Day in Nashville was declared on March 16, 2016, as stated by the Mayor, in appreciation of the Legendary singer.
The Lord reaches and touches everyone. You may watch the video below to listen to those beautiful praises and glorify Him.
- Sons of Willie Nelson Joined Him For An Incredible Rendition of “Move it on Over”
- Rip Wheeler and Beth Dutton Complete Relationship Timeline
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?
- Tim McGraw & Faith Hill’s Daughter Audrey Shows Off Snippet From Recent Photoshoot
- Get To Know Kelly Reilly, The Actress Behind Yellowstone’s Fearless Beth Dutton
- Trigger, Willie Nelson’s Guitar Is Just As Legendary As He Is